After graduating from the University of Hawaii in 1968, Jackson started in a career
in the hospitality industry specializing in the opening of hotel and restaurant
properties. Within the eleven years in the hospitality field, Jackson was invited
many times to guest speak at the University of Hawaii, and teach evening classes
at the UH and the local community colleges on Oahu.
In 1978, Jackson received his State of Hawaii real estate license and began his
career in transactional activities in commercial real estate with the Hawaii Grubb
& Ellis office. He was selected as “Rookie of the Year” in his first year.
In 1982, Jackson formed his own service company called CBI, Inc. to compete in a
field he felt that was growing.
Real Estate Background
Jackson Nakasone, CEO is the principal of Newmark Grubb/CBI. He established CBI
in 1982, and consummated the affiliate relationship with Grubb and Ellis in 2000.
It’s under his leadership that the Hawaii office has over 15 transactional advisors,
a property Services group with over 20 managerial and support staff.
- University of Hawaii – BA, Travel Industry Management
- State of Hawaii Real Estate License 1982
Partial Clients List
- San Miguel Bottling Company
- Guam Economic Development Authority
- Nisho Iwai
- Asahi Juken
- Castle and Cooke, Hawaii
- HEI, Inc.
- Estate of James Campbell
- Reynolds & Shilder Group
- City Bank
- First Hawaiian Bank
- Bank of Hawaii
- Bank of the Orient
- Hawaii National Bank
- Finance Factors, Ltd.
Has sold over $200,000,000.00 + in commercial real estate in Hawaii.
Past and Present Affiliations
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Local Chapter
Board Chair – 2010
- Palama Settlement – Chair 2010
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) – Board member
- McKinley High School Foundation - Executive Committee, Past President, Board member
- Epiphany School Trustee and Vestry 2010
- Advisory to St Andrews – Active
- ICSC, member
- Central Pacific Supply Corporation, Board Member – 2000 to Present
- Pacific Area Travel Association - Member, Past President
- Epiphany School Board
- City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii – Planning Commissioner & Chair
- Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, Land Use Chair
- Guam Economic Development Authority – Hawaii Representative
- Building Industry Association - Chairperson Builders Council, Haku Alliance, Public
- American Savings Banking Council – 2000 to 2008
- Carol A. Nakasone, wife of 42 years
- Dr. Cass K. Nakasone, son, Orthopedic Surgeon
- Rae Yazawa, daughter, Commercial Real Estate Agent
- Epiphany Church, Religious Affiliation
References Upon Request